This year’s winners are:
- AccessiWheels - An app-based transportation booking platform that enables people with mobility problems to travel conveniently and safely.
- Airship Logistics - A ready-to-use, low-cost end-to-end solution built for courier companies to help them manage their day-to-day operations.
- Assets - A marketplace for helping people prudentially and practically find, evaluate, and acquire foreclosed/repossessed/second-hand asset(s) thru transparent information and clear-cut analytics.
- Automart - An online car auction platform that ensures buyers and sellers the best price for used vehicles.
- Brooky - An AI-enabled marketing assistant for real estate developers and brokers.
- Cocotel - A technology-based, beach hotel co-brand aggregator
- Contrack - A platform that connects home and business owners to accredited, local home and office improvement services providers.
- DCLA - An end-to-end computer learning scheme for basic education.
- Emerald District - A collaborative platform for autism healthcare practitioners to track the child's progress and collaborate with their intervention plan.
- E-Magsasaka Agriventures - A farm-to-fork supply chain solution.
- Experience Philippines - A community travel platform that offers themed experiences that are fun, memorable and gamified.
- IOL - A gamified e-learning platform for business education.
- Olivia - A gamified tracker for expenses and a tool that helps women decide on the best options for investments.
- Omnibus - A cloud-based platform for legal practitioners.
- Pandalivery - A hyperlocal food delivery solution designed for the Philippine market.
- SureLotto - A mobile app that allows the online purchase of lottery tickets and notifies buyers on results.
- TMB - An online community app for basketboleros.
“We are optimistic and excited about the future of Philippine Startups. The future is bright.” said IdeaSpace president, Butch Meily. “Nothing would would make us happier than seeing these companies grow” he adds.
“It has been often said that this is a numbers game - more founders, more startups more chances of success. Thus IdeaSpace is committed to continuously feed into the Philippine science and tech startup ecosystem, more startups this year, in the year after next, year after year.” said IdeaSpace executive director, Diane Eustaquio.
Now on its seventh year, The IdeaSpace startup competition is increasing its contribution to the Philippine Startup Ecosystem by including more startups in the program than the usual 10 teams in its first couple of years.
After an intensive six-week remote incubation period, the startups that rose from hundreds of applications from around the country participated in a two-day pitch session with a panel of judges that includes Kat Luna-Abelarde, President of PLDT Global, Dr. Cay Consunji, President of Makati Medical Center, Mr. Karim Garcia, VP for Business Development of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation, Mikkel Gutierrez, Executive Vice President for Metro Pacific Water, Dr. Kenneth Pinpin, CTO of Standard Insurance Co. Inc., Atty. Pilar Nenuca Almira, President and CEO of Cardinal Santos Medical Center, Atty. Marilyn A. Victorio-Aquino, Assistant Director of First Pacific, President of Metro Pac Movers Incorporated and Chief Legal Counsel of PLDT , Ferdinand Inacay, President and CEO of MRAIL Incorporated, Ping Alfonso, President and CEO of Light Rail Manila Corporation, Cris Zuluaga, President of Landco Pacific Corporation, Ramoncito Fernandez, President of Maynilad Water Services Inc., and Danny Yu, CFO of Philex Mining Corporation.
Ideaspace, a non-profit organization supporting a total of 91 startups, has deployed over 180 million pesos worth of support to the Philippine Startup Ecosystem, is the largest private-sector commitment for early-stage technology entrepreneurship based in the Philippines. IdeaSpace is supported by the following companies: First Pacific, First Pacific Leadership Academy, Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC), Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC), MPIC hospital group, Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT), Meralco, Smart Communications, Inc (Smart), Indofood, Philex Mining, Maynilad, and TV5.
For more information about IdeaSpace, you may visit www.ideaspacefoundation.org or follow @ideaspaceph on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. [END]